Phillip M. Eberz
I seek a career product and project architecture and design position in a well-managed development organization.
- Programming: C/C++, PERL, SQL, Java, Pascal, Easytrieve Plus, COBOL
- Specialties: Object-oriented Design/Object-oriented Programming (OOD/OOP), cross-platform development, Online Transaction Processing (OLTP)
- Microsoft-specific Programming: MFC, ATL, COM/DCOM, MTS, Visual Basic (VB)
- Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, DOS, OpenVMS
- Languages: Native English, conversational French
- Invent and patent e-commerce technologies.
- Design cross-platform XML-based transaction processing system.
- Design and implement cross-platform build, configuration, and reusable code development group.
- Design and implement Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) online credit card processing software suite.
- Select and implement common code model.
- Manage and lead programming effort for Windows development group.
- Troubleshoot client installations, on-site when necessary.
- Create COM and DCOM interfaces for web-based financial transactions.
- Design and implement web-based credit card processor CGIs/ASPs.
|Software Engineer and Webmaster, Xtra Online, Austin, Texas.
||1997-05 thru 1997-10
- Design, implement, and maintain travel industry website generation system.
- Design, implement, and maintain website features using PERL, C++, and Java.
- Install and configure Windows NT servers Windows 95 workstations, and networking components.
- Install and configure LAN and WAN hardware, including ISDN and frame-relay systems.
- Program security encryption/decryption and digital signing software for securing data transactions via the Internet.
- Port code primarily to DEC VMS from Win32.
- Also port code to and from Win16, WinNT/Alpha, UNIX.
|Network Administrator/Web Designer, LRC Enterprises, Austin, Texas.
||1995-12 thru 1996-08
- Design, purchase and implement Win95 LAN with Internet connectivity.
- Configure and maintain servers and daemons for http, ftp, smtp and other servers.
- Write HTML, C, and PERL/CGI documents for a scholarship application/automation system.
- Program sound system development and support utilities in C++ for DOS for Ultima 8.
- Program sound utilities in C++ for DOS for Ultima 8 CD.
- Develop CD-ROMs using CD Producer, CardD, and a Philips burner for Ultima 8 CD.
- Port file system and other libraries in C++ to Windows95 for Ultima 9.
- Program various utilities as needed in MSVC for Windows95 for Ultima 9.
- Increase familiarity with computer games on all platforms.
- Maintain high team morale by planning trips and out of building meetings.
- Maintain, sell, service, and support IBM- and UNIX-based computer systems.
- Install disk, all media drives, video and audio boards, and other peripherals in personal computers.
|Computer Consultant, Giffard & White, Milford, Pennsylvania.
||1990 thru 1991
- Purchase hardware and software for finance and inventory management of retail business (gift, $25,000/month).
- Develop inventory database, inventory maintenance procedures.
- Train owners/operators in using equipment and software.
- Generate reports using EasyTrieve Plus file-manipulation language for management and state agencies.
- Respond to requests for specialized reports.
- Assign related data retrieval functions to COBOL programmers.
- Familiar with office procedures and equipment involved in corporation business.
University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
Two years completed towards Bachelor of Science in Mathematics.
Delaware Valley High School, Milford, Pennsylvania
High School Diploma, 1988.